Sahaj Yoga was discovered by Nirmala Srivastava, is also known as ‘Shri Mata Ji Nirmala Devi’. In Sahaj Yoga, Kundalini Jagaran and Nirvichara Samadhi help people to become self-aware and know themselves. Sahaj Yoga meditation yoga developed by Mata Nirmala Devi is considered very beneficial in terms of mental and physical health.
Sahaj Yoga is also a technique that mainly promotes self-realization, which awakens the Kundalini, and enhances one’s personality. In Sahaj Yoga, meditation is done by sitting in an easy posture. People who practice it during meditation experience a cool breeze from head to hands.
What is Sahaj Samadhi Meditation?
‘Sahaj’ is a Sanskrit word, which means’ natural ‘or that which should be done without any effort’. ‘Samadhi’ – a deep, blissful, and meditative state. Therefore, ‘Sahaj Samadhi’ is that simple process through which we can meditate easily.
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation is a Mantra Meditation. In this, a simple sound mantra is taught, which in the mind gives peace and stability to the mind. When our mind and nervous system are in a state of relaxation after deep meditation, then our mind starts to swell. It opens the door to our mental development.
Benefits of Sahaj Samadhi Meditation
- Practicing Sahaj Samadhi meditation leads to clear thoughts about any issue.
- Energy starts increasing in the body Sahaj Samadhi meditation keeps the mind calm, so that our relationships do not get spoiled.
- It gives deep peace to the mind.
- Sahaj meditation calms the active mind and brings stability in itself. When the mind is stable, then all its stresses are released, which makes us feel healthy and centered.
- According to the researchers, this process of silence opens many avenues for physical and mental health. Regular exercise of Sahaj Yoga has also benefited patients with cancer, blood pressure, hypertension, and heart.
- Regular practice of Sahaj Yoga improves communication skills.
How does Sahaj Samadhi Meditation work?
It is a mantra-dhyana in which a simple sound/mantra is taught to the program participants, whose mind begins to freeze and go inward when remembered. When the mind and nervous system settle in deep relaxation our mind and then the barriers to our mental development path automatically open.
“Samadhi, which is a deep state of meditation, gives you energy and long-lasting bliss. It takes you to such high heights that your presence only spreads love.” – Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- As the name itself proves, this meditation happens effortlessly. That is, your condition should be smooth. It does not require any special sitting position. Do this meditation in whatever position you feel comfortable.
- First, take a deep breath for some time and feel the breath coming from the nose. By this, all the tension inside the body comes out through the breaths. As a result, it is easier for you to concentrate. However, you do not have to focus on one place. Therefore, through breath, you bring yourself stress-free and present.
- In Sahaj Samadhi Meditation, you do not have to focus on one place but chanting the mantra. For at least 20 minutes, chant these Bija Mantras in your mind.
- Initially meditation deviates, but you have to bring your attention back to the present and chant the mantra.
It is easy to come to thoughts in meditation, do not consider it your weakness. Accept these thoughts, they will die from them. Otherwise, giving importance to thoughts, these will increase when you get energy.
To take full benefits of Sahaj Samadhi Meditation, do it under the guidance of a trained teacher. This meditation is a proven method with mantras, that is to chant the mantra at the mental level in this method.
Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Beej Mantras
If thoughts come up again and again during meditation, then that becomes anxiety. Mantras make us free from worries. The utterance of the mantra stabilizes the mind. And when the mind is stable, it removes itself from tensions and positions itself in the present moment.
- Aum for Goddess Saraswati
- Shreem for Goddess Laxmi
- Kreem for Goddess Kali
- Hreem for Goddess Parvati / Maheshwari
- Shyama for God Krishna or even for Ram
The effect of mantras has been proven over the centuries. If the mantra is spellbound, it has a miraculous effect on life.
Apr 19, 2021
Visualization Meditation | Steps | Benefits
Visualization Meditation is nothing much different. In each article, I keep telling about the benefits of meditation for a happy[...]
Apr 19, 2021
Vedic Meditation | Transcendental Steps | Benefits
Vedic Meditation famously called Transcendental Meditation (TM) alludes to a particular type of silent mantra Practice. There are enormous types[...]
Apr 19, 2021
Primordial Sound Meditation | Steps | Benefits
Meditation has been in our practices for thousands of years though Primordial Sound Meditation is least heard commonly. Primordial Sound[...]