Uttarabodhi Mudra is a Buddhist hand posture or gesture that dispels fear and leads to enlightenment. This mudra is mostly known as the mudra for enlightenment.
Uttarabodhi is a Sanskrit word, where, “Uttara” means “upwards” and “Bodhi” means “closer to awakening”. Therefore, Uttarabodhi mudra means gesture to move the energy upwards.
Enlightenment Gesture or Uttarbodhi Mudra can be used to get rid of the feeling of fear and to connect with divine energy. This mudra infuses energy and freshness within itself and refreshes the mind. It gives our mind and body a chance to connect with the highest version of ourselves. Relevant and life-changing this yoga mudra has many health and mental benefits.
Uttarbodhi Mudra is performed as a spiritual practice to develop a connection with the divine Supreme Power.
Lets us know How to do Uttarabodhi Mudra and what the benefits bring with this practice.
How To Practice Uttarabodhi Mudra
- This mudra is made by keeping both the hands on the heart.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths.
- Both the index fingers raised up touch each other and the remaining six fingers are intertwined.
- Touch the tips of the thumbs and point the thumb down.
- Chant OM or aloud again and again.
- While doing this mudra, you need to do with concentration. Only after that you can feel the energy in your body.
- You have to do this for 15 minutes.
- After staying in the state of Uttarabodhi mudra for some time, you will feel a rapid transmission of energy in your body.
- After the prescribed time of practice, slowly open your eyes.
- Separate your hands and bring them back to your thighs or knees.
- Relax and breathe freely.
This statue of Buddha can be kept in the north or south direction of home or office or even in your living room. Try to practice the mudra for at least 15 minutes one to three times at any time of the day.
Benefits of Uttarabodhi Mudra
- The mudra represents the immense power and dedication of the Buddha to the attainment of truth and enlightenment.
- By practise this mudra, the person can get illuminated in the light of knowledge through the attainment of the deepest energy through his hands.
- This hand posture helps to overcome fear and face challenges.
- This mudra invokes a wide range of confidence, enables decision making skills.
- One can feel the transmission of intense energy by increasing the flow of prana within the body while holding Uttarabodhi mudra.
- This mudra is known to provide a soothing effect on the agitated nerves before starting any overwhelming task.
- In this mudra, one attains deep spiritual peace, the energy to realize the inner self, and to be at peace.
- Doing this continuously for a few days will improve the health of your lungs and intestines.
- This mudra gives the energy to face fear and gives a feeling of deep spiritual security.
Uttarbodhi mudra balances the fire and air elements and gives freshness to the intestines and lungs. Do this mudra lying down and place the hands in such a way that the thumb should remain on the chest but the direction of the index fingers should be upwards. The intestines are activated when the hands are on the navel, while the lungs and heart are healthy when the hands are on the chest.
Nov 15, 2021
Ushas Mudra: How to do, Benefits
Usha Mudra is a basic Hasta Yoga pose that has its roots very deep in Indian mythology. Usha Mudra is[...]
Nov 13, 2021
Shankh Mudra: Steps And Benefits
A yoga hand position called Shankh Mudra is a sacred hand gesture that resembles the shape of a 'conch' or[...]
Nov 12, 2021
Kundalini Mudra: How to do , Benefits
One mudra that can help you awaken the sexual forces is Kundalini Mudra. Kundalini Mudra is a form of Hatha[...]