Yoga can be an effective way to achieve a flat stomach, but it’s important to keep in mind that the primary goal of yoga is not necessary to achieve physical appearance goals. Rather, yoga is a holistic practice that emphasizes physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
That being said, practice for certain yoga poses can help to tone abdominal muscles, strengthen the muscles in your core and improve posture, which can contribute to a flatter stomach.
Here is a few yoga poses that may be particularly helpful to create a flatter appearance for your stomach. Incorporating these yoga poses into your regular routine, along with a healthy diet and other forms of exercise, can help to achieve a flatter stomach over time.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
This pose stretches and strengthens the abdominal muscles, and engages your core actively, becoming one of the most effective yoga poses for weight loss and promoting a flatter stomach. Also improving overall body flexibility and tones your arms, hands, legs, and thighs.
How To Do adho mukh savasana for flat stomach :
- Begin on your hands and knees, with your wrists directly under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Press your hands and feet into the ground and lift your hips up and back, straightening your arms and legs. Your body should form an inverted V-shape.
- Engage your core muscles by drawing your navel towards your spine.
- Lengthen through your spine and keep your head and neck relaxed.
Remember to breathe deeply and focus on proper alignment to get the most benefit from this pose.
Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
Virabhadrasana, also known as Warrior Pose, is a yoga pose that improves your balance along with toning your back end, and strengthening the legs, but can also engage and tone the abdominal muscles and give you a flat stomach.
How To Do warrior pose for flat stomach :
- Begin in Tadasana (Mountain Pose), standing tall with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step your left foot back, turning it out at a 45-degree angle, and bend your right knee to come into Warrior I pose.
- Reach your arms overhead, with your palms facing each other.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and your gaze forward.
- Engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your navel towards your spine.
- Hold the pose for several breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
Phalakasana (Plank Pose)
A push-up position with elbows bent at a 90-degree angle is a more effective pose to flatten a stomach. This pose strengthens the entire core, including the abdominal muscles.
How To Do plank for flat stomach :
- Begin on the ground on your hands and knees.
- Your hands and knees should be shoulder-width apart.
- Now lift your knees above the ground and push your legs backward, so that your body is completely stretched.
- Hold the pose for several breaths.
Bhujangasan (Cobra Pose)
Cobra can help to tone and strengthen the muscles in the abdomen, leading to a flatter appearance.
How To Do bhujangasan for a flat stomach:
- First of all, lie down on your stomach.
- Now bring your palms in line with your shoulders.
- During this, reduce the distance between your two legs and keep the legs straight and taut.
- Now while breathing, raise the front part of the body to the navel.
During this, keep in mind that there should not be much stretch above your waist. Maintain this stage according to your ability. While practicing yoga, inhale slowly and then exhale.
Naukasana (Boat Pose)
This asana is good for those who want to reduce stomach fat as well as tone the stomach. This asana also helps in strengthening the abdominal as well as back muscles.
How To Do boat pose for a flat stomach :
- Lie straight on the back and keep the hands straight by the waist and keep your palms towards the ground.
- Now slowly raise your upper and lower body.
- Your toes should be aligned with your eyes.
- Keep your arms parallel to the ground and point forward.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Straighten your back.
- Stay in this posture for about 25-30 seconds.
- Then slowly come back to normal posture.
Many yoga poses can help to make the stomach appear flatter by engaging the core muscles, including the abdominal muscles, stimulating digestion, increasing metabolism, and reducing stress and cortisol levels that promote weight loss and promoting overall health and well-being.
Nov 29, 2023
How to do Bakasana (Crow/Crane Pose ) And Its Benefits?
"Bakasana" is just another name of Crane or Crow Pose, also known as Kakasna. Basically, work on arm and wrist[...]
Nov 22, 2023
5 Yoga Poses for Ajna Chakra Balance and Spiritual Alignment
The concept of seven chakras is rooted in ancient Indian spiritual traditions, particularly within the practice of yoga and Ayurveda.[...]
Nov 02, 2023
7 Yoga Poses For Women Looking To Get A Leaner Body
Yoga is a wonderful practice for women (and men) that can help them achieve a toned and leaner body when[...]