The Astavakrasana Pose is an advanced arm balance. It is most likely to be found in an advanced yoga class. The Sanskrit names of asta, meaning “eight,” and vakra, meaning “bent,”.
Astavakrasana is also known as eight angle pose. This asana is related to the sage Ashtavakra. Ashtavakra was a teacher of king
It is an incredibly difficult pose when done correctly. but It is an excellent way to develop your stability and equilibrium.
In this article, we talk about – how to perform yoga eight angle pose in a step by step explanation, along with the Benefits and Precaution attached to the pose.
How To Do Astavakrasana (Eight Engle Pose)
- To come in Astavakrasana, being with Dandasana– legs extended and hands nearby hips.
- Bend your right knee and bring the sole of the right foot to the floor close to right buttock.
- Place your right arm thread underneath your right knee.
- Keep your left foot straight and firmly press your palms on the floor.
- Now, slowly lift up your body from the floor, during this keep your arm strength.
- After this raise your left foot, bend it and hook the left ankle around your right leg.
- With inhalation, look forward and both hands firmly pressing on the floor. With keeping your shoulder fixed in this position.
- Exhale and press your upper foot down onto your left arm to left your arms.
- At the time, your both foot come to the right side of your body.
- In this position, straightening the feet as much as possible gives the full pose and also becomes parallel to the floor.
- You could lock your gaze to help you keep your balance.
- Breathe here for 5 to 7 full, deep breaths.
- Hold the pose for about 40 to 60 seconds and slowly release.
- Repeat the pose on the other side.
Benefits of Astavakrasana (Eight Engle Pose)
- Astavakrasana is develop better concentration.
- It is a good posture for work up.
- The standing Eight Eagle Pose strengthens your calves, ankles, thighs, and hips.
- It also build your balance and core strength.
- It will be improving your leg strength as well as opening your shoulder.
- Astavakrasana calms the mind.
- Regular practicing this asana also curing for constipation.
- It improves the alignment of body postures.
- Abdominal fat is also reduced.
- Eight Engle pose not only improve digestion system but also helps in relieves gas.
- The pose works beautifully on the shoulders and extends the chest, the shoulders and adding flexibility in the body.
- Practicing this asana regularly Feet, abdominal and back muscles also too excellently.
- The challenge of the pose helps in Menstrual disorders and menopausal symptoms.
- If you have any kind of elbow, wrist, or shoulder injury, you must avoid this pose.
- A pregnant woman must avoid practicing this asana. they can Practice only under the supervision of a certified yoga instructor.
- If you suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Astavakrasana is very intense so practice its prior poses- Utthita Parsvakonasana and Uttanasana.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]