By doing yoga, the body remains healthy. Yoga works on three levels (physical, mental, and spiritual) to benefit you and prevent diseases. As we all know that yoga is the essence of many postures. Similarly, today we are giving you information about a very simple posture Vakrasana in today’s article.
Vakrasana is an important posture in sitting postures. Vakarasana derives from the word ‘Vakra’ which means – serpentine. In this posture, the spine is curved or bent, hence it is named Vakrasana.
Vakrasana can be easily done by people of all ages. This welfare posture is called Half spinal-twist pose in English. In this, the torso and neck are rotated on both sides to the right and left but in this posture, the spine is straight. This is a good diversion for beginners.
Now it comes to know how to do Vakrasana properly. Here are told the simple ways of doing it, which you can easily do it at your home by understanding it well.
Steps To Do Vakrasana (Half spinal-twist pose)
- Like every posture, before performing Vakrasana, one has to sit in a normal posture by choosing a clean, clean and comfortable place.
- Now spread both your legs forward which means sitting Dandasana.
- Keep your waist straight and look at your front. Then keep both hands on the side.
- After that, bend the right leg towards the knee and keep it in the right knee of the left leg. Make sure that the left leg is straight.
- Now cross the left hand to the right foot and abdomen, near the paw of the right foot.
- Now move your right hand behind your back, which should be parallel to the spine.
- After that turn your neck to the right and look back, as much as you can see back.
- You pull the leg towards you in such a way that the stomach is pressed.
- After practicing this for three to five minutes, straighten them out in the order in which you were suffocated. And sit in the normal posture.
Benefits Of Vakrasana (Half spinal-twist pose)
- By doing this asana, it helps in reducing the weight of the body. Thigh fat decreases. The shape of the buttocks and thighs is curvy and beautiful. Fat decreases are more than the belly and waist. And the heavy stomach is removed.
- By regular practice of Half spinal-twist poses activates the Muladhara (root) chakra, which creates emotional and spiritual and a sense of security.
- This asana also balanced the Manipura (navel) chakra, which promotes self-esteem, confidence and personal power.
- Regular exercise relieves liver, kidney, pancreas related diseases.
- This yoga practice is a panacea for the spine. In this, due to the pressure on the spinal cord, it has a huge contribution in making the spinal cord flexible and healthy.
- Regular practice of this asana strengthens the legs, knees, thighs, waist, and chest and has special effects on the nerves of the neck and thyroid gland.
- The problem of high blood pressure is also overcome. The muscles of the feet become strong. And taking long deep breaths at normal speed during this asana also benefits the lungs.
- Half spinal-twist pose is beneficial for women in many ways. It is beneficial for getting rid of menopause (menstruation) problem.
- If a person performs Half spinal-twist pose regularly, this asana increases digestive capacity and relieves the problem of hunger.
A Word Of Caution
While doing this asana, a little caution is required.
- It should be practicing on an empty stomach in the morning.
- While doing this, if you have much difficulty in moving your feet to the floor, then do not do this asana or under the supervision of a specialist.
- In the beginning, do not try to use excessive force while doing these asanas. Increase your practice gradually.
- If during this asana you have any kind of leg cramps or you have pain in your knees, then you should immediately leave that posture, do not forcefully try to do this asana.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]