Supta Bhairavasana is usually called Kala Bhairavasana. It is a pose in the third series of Ashtanga yoga. It is an advanced level yoga pose that is performed in a reclined position.
Supta Bhairavasana’s name comes from the Sanskrit root. Supta, meaning “reclined”; Bhairava, meaning “formidable,” “frightful”. The name Bhairava is also a manifestation of the Hindu god, Shiva. ; and asana means “seat” or “pose.” Bhairavasana also is known as by its English name, destroyer of the universe pose.
It is an advanced level hip-opening yoga posture, along with powerful pose mentally and physically.
Supta Bhairavasana is not very easy like other asanas, so most people initially practice this asana under the supervision of a yoga expert. But after a few days of practice, this asana becomes quite easy to do. Almost the entire body including the spine and legs is involved in this asana, so in terms of health, it is beneficial for various body parts.
Steps To Do Supta Bhairavasana (Reclining Formidable Pose)
- To do this yoga posture, first of all, sit with both legs spread in front. Or Dandasana.
- Now raise your right leg and move it towards the shoulder straight hand and then around the back of the neck.
- Bring the hands to take a prayer position at the center of the chest.
Benefits Of Supta Bhairavasana (Reclining Formidable Pose)
- By practicing Supta Bhairavasana every day, abs are strong and this asana also acts to tone them. Apart from this, doing this asana also strengthens the muscles.
- Adopting this asana is the best and better way to keep the body healthy and longevity. Regular practice of Supta Bhairavasana, if you adopt yoga, it also gives you mental peace.
- It is beneficial for all the organs of the stomach. Also, the nerves coming out of the bones of the spine are also exercised very well.
- Supta Bhairavasana is activated the Muladhara (root) chakra. Muladhara is associated with the grounding that brings stability sense of security and emotional.
- It also stimulated the Ajna (third eye) chakras, is associated with intuition and inner knowledge.
- It helps in reducing obesity, especially the waist area and the fat near the thighs. Apart from this, some hormones are also secreted by doing this special process.
A Word Of Cautions
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep a 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
- The asana shouldn’t be performed in case of high blood pressure.
- Reclining Formidable Pose should not be done during menstruation and pregnancy, otherwise, the woman may have severe problems.
- If there is a serious problem or injury to the spinal cord, then Reclining Formidable Pose should not be done in this situation.
- This yoga is a bit difficult, so start it with the help of a yoga teacher, after getting trained you can easily do it at home.
Mar 21, 2023
Yoga for Prostate Enlargement : Shrink Prostate Enlargement
Prostate enlargement is caused by changes in hormone levels, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a normal[...]
Mar 17, 2023
5 Effective Yoga For Knee Pain And Joint Pain Relief
Yoga is an ancient Indian technique that removes pain from the root and makes the body disease-free. Yoga can be[...]
Mar 14, 2023
Yoga for flat stomach you need to know
Yoga can be an effective way to achieve a flat stomach, but it's important to keep in mind that the[...]
The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional