There are many types of hand gestures or yoga Hasta mudra and they all have different health benefits. Yoni mudra has got special importance in yoga mudras. Although it has different importance in Tantra Shastra, here this mudra is considered best for life internalized.
Yoni Mudra is an important hand gesture of Yoga. It helps to overcome problems related to female reproductive organs. The word Yoni Mudra is made up of two Sanskrit words. Yoni + mudra. Yoni means the female reproductive organ i.e. the womb. Mudra means maintaining the same position.
Mudra looks like a uterus. Just as the child lives in the womb and does not have much contact with the outside world, similarly in this posture also we have to internalize our contact with the outside world. To understand the shape of this mudra, the shape that will be formed by joining the index finger and the thumb looks like this.
Those who practice Yoni mudra regularly believe that those using the right hand more often hear the inner voice from the right ear and the left ear than those who use the left hand.
Moola bandha Kriya is also practiced with this Yoni Hasta Mudra Yoga. In Kundalini Yoga, Yoni Mudra with Root Lock (Moola Bandha) is performed to awaken the Kundalini Shakti.
Steps to do Yoni Mudra
Yoni Mudra’s hand gesture is associated with the womb that is performed by both hands together with deep breathing, Pranayama, and meditation. It is a yogic hand gesture that is performed by both hands. This mudra can be practice anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do Yoni Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now bring both hands and join the tips of both thumbs together.
- Then join the tips of both index fingers together and facing downwards.
- After that, turn the small, ring, and middle fingers inwards make sure the back of the fingers are touching.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 15 minutes at a stretch every day or for 5 minutes three times a day.
- You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Yoni mudra in detail.
Benefits of Yoni Mudra
It is believing Yoni mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- Generally, yoga and asana are associated with spirituality, due to which its benefits increase. It is believed that by practicing yoni mudra daily, the yogi gets mental peace and he is able to recognize his own inner shortcomings and strengths.
- It is believed to helps the yogi reach a higher meditative state.
- It is said spiritually that the movement of the thumb during this mudra reduces the fire of the body, stress, anger, and anxiety.
- If this mudra is done properly then it will prove to be very beneficial for men and women with fertility problems.
- The practice of this mudra is extremely useful for those people who are not active, feel lethargic or get tired quickly. In such a situation, the body gets filled with energy by practicing yoni mudra.
- The practice of this mudra improves fertility for women and controls hormonal imbalance.
- It symbolizes the origin and nurture of living beings and builds self-confidence.
- It also helps in pregnancy and menstrual cycle which causes menopausal issues in women.
This mudra can be practiced standing, sitting, or lying down on a bed. While practicing you can chant a mantra. No particular time duration for yoni mudra practice. Of course, practicing mudras are very effective between 4-6 AM. To excellent and more efficient results, make sure to practice regularly for three months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side effects. More pressure should not be applied to the fingers. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
If you have psychological problems, practice this mudra only after consulting a doctor.
Yoni Mudra calms the mind & body and also gives the power to hear the inner sound.
The person who performs it in the right way every day, their body gets the ability to work in a balanced and smooth manner.
Nov 18, 2021
Steps To Do Uttarabodhi Mudra (Enlightenment Gesture) And Benefits
Uttarabodhi Mudra is a Buddhist hand posture or gesture that dispels fear and leads to enlightenment. This mudra is mostly[...]
Nov 15, 2021
Ushas Mudra: How to do, Benefits
Usha Mudra is a basic Hasta Yoga pose that has its roots very deep in Indian mythology. Usha Mudra is[...]
Nov 13, 2021
Shankh Mudra: Steps And Benefits
A yoga hand position called Shankh Mudra is a sacred hand gesture that resembles the shape of a 'conch' or[...]