Anulom Vilom Pranayama ( Alternate Nostril breathing exercises) . Breathe in from right nostril closing left nostril with middle finger and ring finger and breathe out from left nostril closing right nostril with thumb. Do it continuously and it is known as Anulom Vilom (Alternate Nostril Breathing). Anulom Vilom Pranayama Yoga( Nostril breathing exercises)benefits/Steps
“Practice Anuloma Viloma Pranayama with timer : Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
It is also Known as Nadi Shodhan (Alternate Nostril Breathing).
Left nostril is Ida (moon principle or mind), Right nostril represents Pingla nadi (Sun principle or body). In alternate nostril breathing, once inhale through Left and exhale through Right then inhale through Right and exhale through Left nostril. This purifies the Ida and Pingala nadis.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing) benefits | Steps
The purpose of the Alternate Nostril Breathing is to balance the physical and mental energy. It is recommended for all types of problems. As Hatha Yoga principle says that the health conditions are due to an imbalance between these Ida and Pingala Nadis, alternate nostril breathing balances these two forces.
It is very effective in purifying mind and body. Regular practice offers energy to the body, releases stress, anxiety and also treat serious health conditions, which include heart problems, cartilage, depression, asthma, high blood pressure and arthritis. Some of the practitioners also recommend AnulomVilom Pranayam for the treatment of bent ligaments, neural issues, migraine pain, and sinus. It should be practiced in the morning in the fresh air with an empty stomach.
It can also reduce weight depending on the body constitution as this Pranayam is very good for obesity. Anulom Viloma Pranayama ensures proper supply of energy to all the body organs enhancing the overall health of the body.
There are many reasons to do Nadishodana Anuloma Viloma (Alternate Nostril Breathing) pranayama. By practicing few rounds of Nadishodhana / Anuloma Viloma pranayama each day for few minutes can help us control our conscious to some extent.
Anulom Viloma pranayama can be performed without holding of breath. For beginners, it is advisable to practice the Anulom Viloma Pranayama without holding of breath.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama ( Alternate Nostril breathing exercises) :
1. Positive energy circulates in your body.
2. Increases oxygen supply throughout the body, making one feel calm and peaceful.
3. It calms your mind.
4. It improves blood circulation.
5. Keep away the heart-related problems.
6. Provide relaxation to body and mind.
7. It improves your concentration.
8. Blood pressure and diabetes can be prevented and kept under control with the regular and dedicated practice of this pranayama.
9. Treats conditions of constipation, gastric acidity, allergic problems and snoring. Cures asthma, headache, migraine, neurological problems, heart blockage and depression.
10. Removes blockage of arteries.
11. Controls obesity.
Steps of Anulom Vilom Pranayama ( Alternate Nostril breathing exercises):
1.First of all, sit in a comfortable cross-legged position.2.Close the right nostril with your right thumb.
3.Inhale deeply through the left nostril.
4.Close the left nostril with the ring finger of your right hand as you release the right nostril.5.Exhale slowly through your right nostril.
6.Keeping the left nostril closed, inhale deeply through your right nostril.
7.Seal the right nostril again with your thumb, then release the left nostril.
8.Exhale out of the left nostril. You should now be in the original position, with the thumb sealing the right nostril.
9.Finally repeat the process ten times, gradually increasing the number of repetitions.
10.Once you gain full breath control during Nadi Shodhana, begin to hold your breath for a moment at the top and bottom of each inhale/exhale cycle. Never strain; let this next stage develop gradually.
Precaution for Anulom Vilom Pranayama ( Alternate Nostril breathing exercises) :
1. Anulom Vilom pranayama should be practiced with an empty stomach.
2. It should be done in morning, evening or both. If you don’t have time in morning or evening, you can do it at your own convenience.
3. Make sure that you practice Anulom Vilom pranayama 4–5 hours after having your food.
4. Pregnant women and the ones suffering from diabetes and blood pressure should not hold their breath while practicing Anulom Vilom.