Every yoga help develops the body and mind and bringing a lot of benefits. yet is not a substitute for medicine. Here, Goddess pose is a powerful yoga posture, also known as Utkata konasana, and a beginner level squatting pose.
Utkata knoasana is derived from the combination of the Sanskrit words. there means powerful angle, Utkata means powerful or fierce, Kona stands for angle, and Asana means yoga pose. As the name suggests, this pose seems like a goddess. The goddess pose builds heat in the body and also balance the body both internally and externally. so, you can adapt this asana for fitness by controlling the depth of the squat.
Utkata Konasana (Goddess Pose), also referred to as the Fierce Angle Pose, also is an intermediate standing level pose. This Pose helps boost energy in the body. that why it can be included in flow yoga sequences.
The Goddess yoga pose is just right for pregnant women, because it works for the pelvic floor and helps open the hips for child birth. It also helps with stability as a woman’s when she grows further into her pregnancy,
Goddess Pose also helps to open, and activate the following Chakra (s):
Goddess Pose also helps in Chaturmukha Mudra. in this mudra place
How to do Goddess Pose (Utkata konasana)
- Come in Goddess Pose first you need to stand in Mountain pose (Tadasana). your feet should be approximately 3 feet apart, and parallel.
- Now, turn your toes out and your heels in, so your feet land on a 45 degree angle.
- After that bend the elbows at shoulder height and opening all the fingers and palms facing forward. (bend your elbows to 90 degree angle not much more.)
- You can also be placed your hands in prayer position at the heart center.and can rest on the hips or thighs.
- As you exhale, start to slowly bend your knees deeply out the side and until they also reach a 90 degree angle. (Make sure your feet under the top of the feet)
- Now,look straight ahead with the chin parallel to the floor. and press down evenly through the soles of both feet.
- Maintain this pose for up to 5 to 7 deep breaths. and focus on the stretch at the knees and the ankles.
- To come out of the pose, extend your legs, lower your arms and come back to Mountain pose.
Some preparatory poses that can be practiced to make the Goddess Pose smooth and easy.
- Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)
- Garland Pose (Malasana)
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- Mountain pose (Tadasana)
Benefits of Goddess Pose (Utkata konasana)
- Goddess Pose stretches the various muscles (hamstrings, adductors, groin, and chest) while also stretching the hips, knees, chest, ankles, and shoulders.
- It builds strength and stability within the lower body and the hips and spine.
- Goddess pose helps to women in improving fertility and more beneficial for pregnant women, because it works for the pelvic floor and helps to open the hips for child birth.
- It helps to keep the body in balance while activating the first three chakras. The Root Chakra, the Sacral Chakra, and the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Regular practicing of Goddess Pose will help to keep arthritis in control while also stretching the sciatic nerve to keep sciatica away.
- The goddess pose build heat in the body and also balance the body both internally and externally
- It also increase the blood circulations.
Although you should always consult with physician and research a properly trained teacher before starting a yoga practice.
it is recommended that if you have recent or chronic injury to the hips, legs or shoulders don’t practice this asana.
Do not practice in case of Low and high blood pressure.
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana.due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.