In addition to surgical options and over-the-counter products including cryosurgery, you can remove skin tags with some home remedies.
What are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are often confused with moles, which are another type of skin deformity, but are very different from each other. Skin tags are small, soft pieces of skin and are non-cancerous growths. These growths are loose collagen fibers that stick out from the skin. They have thick stems and are almost always harmless and benign. They commonly form on the eyelids, neck, armpits, groin folds, and within breasts.
Skin tags are also extremely common, affecting about half of the population, they are also more common in older adults, people who are overweight, and people with diabetes. Many people believe that skin tags come with aging, but they have also been seen in younger people.
Although skin tags generally do not require any treatment, many people often have them removed for cosmetic reasons, or can be painful if trapped by jewelry or clothing.
Sometimes skin tags fall off on their own when the skin becomes dead from tissue folding or lack of blood flow. They can be removed in a variety of ways, and here are some home remedy options to get rid of Skin tags.
Skin Tags Causes
When the cells in the top layer of the skin start to proliferate and the skin starts to develop in an abnormal way, it results in the formation of a chip. About 50 percent of people around the world have had a problem with skin tags at one time or the other. This problem can happen to anyone, below we are telling some situations, due to which the risk of tags increases.
- People suffering from type 2 diabetes are more at risk of getting skin tags.
- If you are obese then you may have skin tags.
- A skin tag is also related to age, older people can get skin tags.
- Pregnant women also have the problem of skin tags.
Home remedies for skin tags
Skin tags are not a mandatory procedure to remove, and they do not always require treatment. If the skin is not irritated then the decision to get rid of the skin tag is always a reasonable option. If you are troubled by skin tags, there are several home and over-the-counter products, and surgical options to get rid of skin tags, but they might not always be effective.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to remove skin tags. It contains a high amount of acid which breaks down the extra cells on the skin and the skin tag goes away on its own.
How to use:
- Wash and dry the area around the skin tag thoroughly.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it directly to the skin tag.
- Leave it for at least three to four hours
- Then wash with warm water.
- Repeat this process three to four times a day, until the color of the skin tag turns black and falls off.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, dilute the apple cider vinegar with water. Never use it to remove skin tags from the eyelids.
Tea tree oil
It is an essential oil, which has antiviral and antifungal properties which are very useful for many skin problems and conditions. Tea tree oil can be an effective remedy for getting rid of skin tags, it is safe to use on the skin when diluted in a carrier oil.
How to use:
- First, wash the affected area.
- Then, a few drops of tea tree oil need to be applied on a cotton ball, then apply a bandage over it.
- Leave the cotton with tea tree oil on the skin tag for the whole night.
- Repeat this treatment for several nights
- After a few days or weeks, the skin tag may go away on its own.
Baking soda is another widely used ingredient to treat skin tags. From skin care to hair care, it is a great ingredient. Baking soda has the ability to naturally change the pH level of our skin and inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause skin tags. Additionally, using a mixture of baking soda and castor oil helps in eliminating other skin problems as well.
How to use:
- In a mixing bowl, mix a little baking soda with a few drops of castor oil.
- Mix both ingredients together until it becomes a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Wash it off with water after a few hours. And keep in mind that castor oil can make the skin sticky, so you may have to use soap after a while to completely get rid of the greasiness.
A banana peel is also an effective way to get rid of skin tags. This may be due to the antioxidant properties found in them.
How to use:
- Apply the banana peel on the skin tag and tie it with a bandage from above.
- Repeat this process until the tag is out.
- By repeating this method for a few days, the wart will break and fall off.
Garlic paste also one of the effective remedies for skin tags.
How to use:
- Peel the garlic and make a paste, apply it on the tag, and cover it with a bandage. Then in the morning wash that place with water.
- Keep repeating this process until the skin tag dries up and disappears.
Skin tags can develop as people age. Applying liquid vitamin E to a skin tag may help the growth disappear within a few days because vitamin E is an antioxidant that fights wrinkles and promotes healthy skin. Simply apply the oil on the skin tag and the surrounding skin and massage until it comes off.
Since skin tags are benign and harmless, and cause nothing but annoyance and cosmetic discomfort. Skin tag removal treatment is not mandatory, and going for the treatment is not the only option to bother with skin tags.
Skin tags may be affecting your beauty, but it is almost impossible to prevent them. Yes, it is a matter of course that you can get the skin tags removed, but they cannot be stopped from happening.
Don’t try to remove skin tags on your own, as this can lead to infection or bleeding.
Mar 06, 2023
Home Remedies for tackle Bhang Hangover
Bhang is a traditional Indian drink made from the leaves and buds of the cannabis plant, and it is often[...]
Mar 06, 2023
Relieve Red Eyes: Home Remedies For Red Eyes
Red Eyes & Bloodshot Eyes are very common problems, and most people have to face these problems at some point[...]
Feb 13, 2023
Natural Home Remedies To Dark Knees Remove
Dark knees are a form of hyperpigmentation caused by high levels of melanin. Melanin is the pigment that gives color[...]
The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional