There are many types of meditation, which have their own specialties, but Jyoti Meditation is a wonderful and divine type of meditation.
Jyoti meditation devised by Bhagwat Sri Sathya Sai Baba. Through this meditation, you have to remove the power of the mind from the outer world and focus on the inner heart. With this practice, memory will become faster and your intellect will be stronger. Finally, you will start experiencing bliss.
Jyoti meditation is constituted to focus on the flame through the third eye for some time. The third eye, which lies between our eyebrows.
The name of this great practice of meditation is Jyoti meditation – a meditation of light incarnation. This practice is so effective that after 15 days of practice, the seekers begin to change their existence and conscience.
How To Practice Jyoti Meditation
The process of this great practice of meditation is included in the following points.
- The time before sunrise is appropriate; Because at this time the body is refreshing after resting at night; And then during the day, the peace of the external environment does not even distract the mind.
- Put a lamp or candle with a steady flame in front of the eyes. It needs to sit on a thick cloth, mattress, or pedestal that will make you comfortable enough to meditate. And the energy of the body should not be earthy. Sit in an upright position in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- Practice being silent for a while. This silent sitting is the best way to relax the mind. Take a deep breath for two minutes at rest. Do not put any pressure on the mind. If any ideas come up spontaneously, look at them and let them pass.
- To calm the velocity of thoughts arising in the mind, recite a few verses in praise of God. Then, while meditating on the form of your favorite deity, chant his sweet name for some time.
- In the beginning, if the fickle mind runs here and there, be patient. After some time the mind and many other disorders will be under your control.
- Now, watch the flame of the lamp for a while. This divine light is a symbol of purity; Concentrate on it and chant Omkar. Then close the eyes and fix the flame on your face. Imagine that its light is spreading on the floor of the temple, with this divine light, the darkness of my mind is being removed. Sacred and religious thoughts are arising in the mind.
- Now, watch the flame of the lamp for a while. This divine light is a symbol of purity; Concentrate on it and chant Omkar. Then close the eyes and feel the flame between your eyebrows. . Imagine that its light is spreading on the floor of the temple, with this divine light, the darkness of my mind is being removed. Sacred and religious thoughts are arising in the mind.
Explained By Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- This flame of Jyoti enters the eyes and makes them clean and healthy and inspires that in every living being I see the image of Sai and in every living being I see the divine element. I accept whatever is there. I always feel the oneness in differentiation.
- This divine light enters the ears and makes them holy. The ears are accustomed to listening to the praise of the Lord rather than hearing someone’s evil.
- Then the light will come on the tongue and the voice of truth and love will sound sweet. You will remember God and health will consume only vegetarian food. In this way, knowledge will be instilled in a moral and constructive manner.
- Now, this light is changing every thought, emotion, and mental fluctuations in the heart from darkness to light.
Benefits Of Jyoti Meditation
- Jyoti Meditation is a method of self-control. Focusing increases confidence and concentration, allowing problems to be easily solved in creative ways.
- Jyoti meditation can be taken to increase mental strength and attract others.
- With the help of Jyoti meditation, the seeker has a vision of divine light within himself.
- The biggest benefit of regular Jyoti meditation is that it relieves anxiety and depression, calms the mind, and reduces stress.
- This Meditation improves blood flow in the body and cools the mind. Because of this, both spiritual and physical pain is relieved.
- The benefit of Jyoti meditation also provides the spiritual benefit that, by this, your personality becomes kind. Positive thoughts start coming in you and you are better able to understand other people’s suffering and situation. This creates love in your mind.
- By this meditation, the darkness of the mind removes, evil feelings are destroying and you move towards knowledge.
Jyoti meditation is based on the idea of universality, it can produce a miracle that realizes the truth in our body mind. This is the flame of love, peace, and joy.
Apr 19, 2021
Visualization Meditation | Steps | Benefits
Visualization Meditation is nothing much different. In each article, I keep telling about the benefits of meditation for a happy[...]
Apr 19, 2021
Vedic Meditation | Transcendental Steps | Benefits
Vedic Meditation famously called Transcendental Meditation (TM) alludes to a particular type of silent mantra Practice. There are enormous types[...]
Apr 19, 2021
Primordial Sound Meditation | Steps | Benefits
Meditation has been in our practices for thousands of years though Primordial Sound Meditation is least heard commonly. Primordial Sound[...]