When you meditate, you are able to give deep rest to your distracted mind. Stress activates the stress hormones within you that keep you anxious. By practicing meditation for stress and anxiety reduces these stress hormones to a great extent that makes you feel well. What you lose after meditation is just stress. But you have to make sure that you meditate regularly. Everyday meditation will increase your faith and realize liberation from within. Then, do it once! The solution you are looking for to get rid of stress and anxiety is meditation.
How To Meditation Works?
In general language, meditation does the same for the brain as exercise does for the body. Meditation is a mental exercise that includes relaxation, focus, and awareness. Although meditation has been practiced for thousands of years, Whatever the reason, meditation is one of the best ways to get rid of stress and anxiety.
When meditation is done, the normal thought process is ‘transit’. It is replaced by a state of pure consciousness. In this state, the meditator achieves complete peace, relaxation, stability, order, and a complete lack of mental boundaries. When you meditate for anxiety relief, does not require any hard effort. This meditation technique really works its magic.
Meditation For Stress And Anxiety
In the practice of meditation, you are aware of your feelings, sensations, thoughts, without adding any goodness or evil to them, so that you can handle them. This is a very amazing way of reducing worries which makes sure that you are the controller of feelings and not feelings are your controller.
Here are some techniques of meditation that help to relieve stress and anxiety: –
These meditation technique helps to calm your nerves, increase mindfulness and remove negativity. To practice it, follow the steps given below-
This type of meditation is very popular as a form of self-healing. It helps in controlling the impulses of your mind. Mindfulness Meditation for Anxiety is the most effective. Mindfulness Meditation for Anxiety is the most effective as well as controlling negative emotions, stress, depression, and chronic pain.
Zen meditation improves body posture, increases visualization power, and also improves breathing process. If a person sits like a Buddha and breathes smoothly, then this slows down the thoughts of the mind and encourages good feelings.
Sahaj Samadhi meditation
In Sahaj Samadhi meditation, the conscious mind becomes fixed by the mantra. And when the mind becomes stagnant, then all the tension easily disappears and the mind becomes centered in the present moment. Real happiness is only in the present moment. These are the moments when we are free from the regrets of the past and the worries of the future. Sahaj means natural. Samadhi means enlightenment. Through this mantra meditation, we come to our real nature.
- The first step of Mantra meditation is to search for a good mantra. Then seek a quiet place and avoid over-lighting as this can hinder your concentration during meditation.
- After this, sit in a comfortable posture or you can also lie down. If you are sitting, your spine and neck should be straight, and sit on a mat.
- Now close your eyes and take some slow, medium, and deep breaths and repeat the mantra silently while exhaling. But keep your focus on your breath.
- Keep your mind calm and do not pay attention to unwanted thoughts that come to mind and repeat the mantra again.
- You can meditate as long as you want. Do chanting at least 10 times. Then at the end of the meditation practice let go of the mantra and focus on the breath. By doing this you will become aware of the surrounding environment and will be ready to go back to your regular life.
Through proper meditation techniques, a person suffering from stress and anxiety gets peace and happiness. Try to practice these techniques of meditation more than once a day, it will give you fast results.
How to Practice Meditation for Stress and Anxiety
- You want to practice Meditation to relieve stress, sit in a comfortable place. This can happen at your home or park or any other place. the place should also be quiet so that no one can disturb you or disturb your concentration.
- Now sit in any posture or posture such as Sukhasana, Vajrasana, Ardha Padmasana or Padmasana. Focus your eyes on something in front of you.
- Keep your hands lightly on your thigh. If you wish, you can place one hand on the chin i.e., the Jnana Mudra., Which represents universal consciousness. Gyan Mudra and Prayer garland help you enter deep meditation. Use the prayer garland to center yourself.
- Pay attention to your breath but do not try to control it. Notice the feeling of dropping and taking every breath. This will help you practice your meditation. It is a bit difficult to control your breath, but by learning it, you can become successful in the practice of meditation. The more you practice, the easier it will become for you.
- Now chant whatever mantra you like, or the mantra you remember or in which you believe. If you want, you can repeat it with the sound or in the mind itself. You can repeat any word, group of words or sentence in place of a mantra that gives you peace or inspires you.
- Along with the chanting of the mantra, keep taking deep breaths and leave. During this, pay attention to your breath and do not let the focus go away.
- Depending on your convenience, you can keep the practice time for 3-5 minutes and then increase it. Keep in mind that you sit in a comfortable position because physical discomfort can cause you to be distracted.
Meditation is the best method to calm your distracted mind and take you away from stress. This gives you a feeling of peace even in difficult times. With its constant practice, you can understand how the stress hormone decreases significantly. And it has also been proved on a scientific level.
Apr 19, 2021
Visualization Meditation | Steps | Benefits
Visualization Meditation is nothing much different. In each article, I keep telling about the benefits of meditation for a happy[...]
Apr 19, 2021
Vedic Meditation | Transcendental Steps | Benefits
Vedic Meditation famously called Transcendental Meditation (TM) alludes to a particular type of silent mantra Practice. There are enormous types[...]
Apr 19, 2021
Primordial Sound Meditation | Steps | Benefits
Meditation has been in our practices for thousands of years though Primordial Sound Meditation is least heard commonly. Primordial Sound[...]