Vanshlochan is known as Tabasheer, Bamboo Silica, & Bamboo Manna and spelled as Banslochan & Tabashir. It is a white translucent substance obtained from the joints of some species of bamboo. This is a form of herbal silica obtained from female bamboo trees. Specially Bambusa Arudinica. These bamboo trees are mostly grown in India.
What is Vanshlochan or Bamboo silica
Vanshlochan gets from nodes of female bamboo trees. This is known as herbal silica because of therapeutic uses. And has medicinal value in the Indian system of Ayurveda. This Herbs product is full of nutrients and holds an earthy flavor.
Vanshlochan variety of bamboo composed mainly of silica and water with traces of lime and potash, peroxide of iron, alumina, and moisture. It absorbs a great deal of water but does not get easily dissolved in water.
Vanshlochan is astringent, sweet in taste, sweet after digestion (Vipaka), and has a cooling effect.
Bamboo is a group of woody perennial evergreen plants in the true grass family Poaceae. Although bamboo is a grass, the larger bamboo is like a tree. The stems can range in height 40 meters and the stems are jointed, with regular nodes. Typically the stems are hollow. generally, the silica found inside the hollow stems. It is white-bluish, hard, opaque and found as irregular fragments.
Silica is absolutely essential to bone growth and for the development of the body. A calcium deficiency is invariably associated with a deficiency in silica. It also requires silica for the utilization of calcium into building strong bones and teeth.
This is the reason why children normally have beautiful silky hair, soft skin, and perfect nails.
Summary: Vanshlochan or Bamboo silica is a good source of silica, that contains about 90% silica contents. It prepares by burning bamboo stem. it contains bamboo stem ash.
Nowadays, natural Vanshlochan is rare to get in the market. Because of naturally found in a low amount. Additionally, Vanshlochan is also used in the preparation of Ayurvedic medicines.
Common names of Vanshlochan
- English: Bamboo manna, Eye of Bamboo
- Arabic: Tabashira
- Unani: Tabasheer, Tabaashir, tabaschir
- Telugu– Veduruppu, Mulkas Veduru, Mullu Veduru.
- Malayalam- Moleuppa
- Sanskrit- Vanshlochana, Venulavanam
- Hindi- Bans-lochan, Banskapur, Vanoo, Banz.
- Bengali– Bans-Kapur, Baans, Baansh, Baroowa Bans
- Ayurvedic: Tugakshiri, Tuga, Vanshalochana, Vanshlochan, Vanshrochan, Vansharochana, Banslochan, Tvakshiri, Vanshkarpura
Composition of Vanshlochan
It composed mainly of silica and water with traces of lime and potash, peroxide of iron, alumina, and moisture. We known silica is an important element in the human body.
Silica is nothing short of miraculous. Also known as Silicon. it is a good combination of silicon and oxygen. The child born with large amounts of silica and low amounts of calcium. It is essential for healthy bones, skin, hairs, and nails. And also known as Beauty Mineral.
- Silica 90.56%,
- Potash 1.10%
- Peroxide of Iron 0.90%
- Alumina 0.40%;
- Moisture 4.87%
All minerals found in Vanshlochan is surpassing to improve complete health.
Health Benefits of Natural Vanshlochan
- The main content of Vanshlochan is silica, which is an important element for bone growth and development of the body.
- It contains micronutrients essential for the body. It improves overall health.
- Vanshlochan mostly used in medicinal purposes, especially for Ayurvedic medicine.
- It ends the problem of abortion. Consuming infertility during pregnancy also improves the health of the baby.
- According to Ayurveda, the color of the child becomes very fair.
- It is also useful for treat weakness, impotence, urinary infections, chest diseases, cough, asthma and Alzheimer’s.
- It works for the treatment of ulcers and ulcerative colitis.
- Vanshalochan provides strength, flexibility, and resilience to collagen and elastin connective tissues.
- It is a good aphrodisiac and stimulates sexual desire.
- This medicinal plant is useful in preventing osteoporosis.
- Mouth blisters are erased, by mixing Vashlochan in honey and applying it in the mouth.
- It helps control diabetes.
- It helps to cleanse the urinary system.
- According to Ayurveda, it improves body immunity.
- It helps prevent wrinkles and keep skin beautiful.
- It also promotes the growth of thick, beautiful hair.
Benefits for Children
- Children will lose the habit of eating soil with regular intake of Vanshalochan.
- The problem of phlegm will be eliminated by adding honey in its powder.
- It helps to gain weight in children.
- Its intake helps faster healing of fractured bones. and also become strong in the children’s bones.
- Vanshalochan relieves the problem of flatulence in children.
- Tabashir is also known to improve brain power in children.
Precautions & Warnings
- Avoid the use of bamboo silica during breast-feeding.
- High intake of Vanshalochan not good for the prostate gland and lungs.