Advasana (reverse corpse pose) is a basic and one of the relaxing yoga poses. This yoga is practiced for mental peace that gives deep rest to the body.
The Sanskrit name Advasana is derived from two words, Adva and Asana. the first word ‘Adva’ means “Prone” and the second-word ‘Asana’ means “Posture”. This Yogasana is usually practiced as a relaxing pose after performing other Yogasana.
It is widely known as Reverse Corpse Pose in English. This posture has got this name because it is shaped like a dead body. The order of a whole yoga begins with activity and ends in rest. This is the situation when your body gets full mental rest.
Advasava yoga is the only posture in which lying down is normal. It not only eliminates fatigue but also keeps away from many diseases. People of every age can do this easily. If this asana is done in the right way, then there is a lot of benefits. It is very easy to do. So let’s know how to do Advasava.
Steps To Do Advasana (Reverse Corpse Pose)
- To do Advasana yoga, first of all, lie down straight on your stomach on the yoga mat.
- Now place both your hands on the front right above the head.
- Make sure that both your shoulders are adjacent to your ears.
- Your palms touch the ground.
- Keep some distance in both the legs so that you can feel comfortable.
- Make sure the head and spine are in a straight line, with your eyes closed.
- Touch your nose and forehead on the ground too.
- Take each breath slowly and deeply, focusing on breathing and exhaling.
- In this case, make the body comfortable.
- Do not pay attention to the excitement, haste, or anything arising in your mind. Just be with your body and mind.
- Devote your whole body to the earth and relax. Pay attention that you do not sleep while doing this asana.
- While keeping your eyes closed take some long deep breaths and slowly bring your attention back to your environment and body. When you experience perfection, you can open your eyes slowly.
- While doing this easy, if you feel any kind of problem in the waist or spine, then you can put a blanket or pillow below the knee.
Benefits Of Advasana (Reverse Corpse Pose)
Like other asanas, Advasana is also very beneficial for health. This posture is like meditation so it plays an important role in providing mental peace.
- By doing Advasana after a yoga practice, you can go into a state of deep meditation.
- Asana is the best asana for stabilizing the body and cures Vata dosha in the body.
- It is believed that this asana opens the Ajna (third eye) that is associated with imagination, clairvoyance and inner knowledge.
- Advasana also stimulated the Manipura (solar plexus) chakras. It is associated with confidence, vitality, self-esteem and the power of transformation
- Practicing this asana will not only give you freshness but also energy.
- By regularizing this asana, concentration increases and meditation and mind are more focused on any work. It also improves memory
- There are many easy ones, with the help of which we can overcome mental and physical stress. But due to lack of time or laziness, we cannot do them. In such a situation, if you want to get peace of mind, then pray. In this asana, you just have to lie downside down, the calmer and focused your mind is in the breath, the more it benefits.
- By doing Advasana, one gets into a state of deep meditation which relieves the body from stress and heals the cells completely.
- This asana controls high blood pressure and keeps the heart free from pressure. Keeps the internal system healthy and strong.
- Apart from this, its daily practice greatly enhances blood circulation in the body and nourishes the organs, muscles, fibers, and tendons of the human system.
A Word Of Caution
While doing any asana, we have to take care of some things, otherwise, it can also harm the body. Let us know what precautions should be taken while doing this asana.
- If you are pregnant then avoid doing this asana.
- If there is an injury to the back or waist, do the Advasana by bending your knees and keeping your feet on the ground.
- There is any difficulty in breathing, then you can place the pillow under the chest.
Mar 21, 2023
Yoga for Prostate Enlargement : Shrink Prostate Enlargement
Prostate enlargement is caused by changes in hormone levels, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a normal[...]
Mar 17, 2023
5 Effective Yoga For Knee Pain And Joint Pain Relief
Yoga is an ancient Indian technique that removes pain from the root and makes the body disease-free. Yoga can be[...]
Mar 14, 2023
Yoga for flat stomach you need to know
Yoga can be an effective way to achieve a flat stomach, but it's important to keep in mind that the[...]
The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional