A lotus Mudra (Padma Mudra ) resembling a lotus flower is designed to open the heart chakra and channel energy in the body. This mudra connects us to the Anahata Chakra or the Heart Chakra that lives in the heart and around the heart.
Lotus mudra is a symbol of purity and positivity. Which helps in making your mind, thoughts, and feelings positive towards others.
Like a lotus flower represents purity and firmness, but its roots are deeply rooted in a dirty floor. In the same way, this hand gesture Or Lotus Pose gives the same motivation to keep our thoughts pure to accept others, even if we have negative feelings in our minds.
Scilicet, with the constant effort of the Lotus mudra, negative feelings are converted into positivity. this mudra is a light emanating from the darkness.
Lotus mudra is also known as Padma mudra or Pankaj mudra in Sanskrit.
In conclusion, the following up explanation practice is Lotus Mudra.
How to do Padam Mudra (lotus Mudra)
Lotus Mudra’s hand gesture is associated with the purity and positivity that performing together with deep breathing Pranayama, and meditation asanas. It is a yogic hand gesture that is performed by both hands. It can practice anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Lotus Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now bring both hands in front of the chest or Anjali Mudra.
- The thumbs pointing in toward the chest.
- After that, you need to spread the index, middle, and ring fingers vary widely, just like an open lotus.
- Touch your thumbs and the small fingers together only.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 15 minutes at a stretch every day or for 5 minutes three times a day.
- Lotus Mudra can practice by placing both hands towards your forehead. Make sure it should be in the parallel of the forehead.
You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Lotus mudra in detail.
Benefits of Lotus Mudra ( Padam Mudra)
It is believing Varun mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- Lotus mudra can help you to develop feelings of love, compassion, kindness, and affection towards others.
- This mudra kills negative feelings like hatred, anger, misunderstanding from the body.
- Lotus mudra not only opens the Chakras but also connects us to the Anahata Chakra or the Heart Chakra.
- It relaxes the mind as well as stabilizes the body.
- This mudra also works on calms the mind and opens the heart to joy.
This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
If you have psychological problems, practice this mudra only after consulting a doctor.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]