Aditi mudra is related to the ring finger and the ring finger represents earth and the thumb represents fire, when fire touches the base of the ring finger, there is an increase of earth element, which is also considered as the seat of ‘earth element’.
Aditi is described as the earth in some ancient Vedic hymns, therefore, practicing Aditi mudra fulfills the demands of the earth elements in the practitioners.
How To Do Aditi Mudra
- Spread a yoga mat on an empty space that’s quiet and comfortable enough to practice mudra. There you can sit or meditate for several minutes without any distractions.
- Sit in any meditative posture such as Sukhasana (by tying a pedestal), Padmasana, or Siddhasana.
- Keep the spine straight.
- Slowly start taking long deep breaths.
- Place both your hands on your knees, palms facing upwards.
- Now put the tip of the thumb of the hand in the root of the ring finger (the finger with the smallest finger) (as shown in the picture).
- While doing Aditi Mudra, keep in mind that your spine remains straight.
- Breathing slow but deep
- Keep your eyes closed while doing the mudra.
- Aditi mudra should be done in the morning on an empty stomach, one hour before and half an hour after doing the afternoon and evening mudra, nothing should be eaten.
- Do not do this mudra while walking.
- Try practicing it for at least 10 to 15 minutes one to three times each day.
The practice of Aditi Mudra is said to have a ton of health benefits in terms of your physical and mental well-being.
- Regular practice of Aditi mudra removes poisonous matter from the body.
- The obstruction caused by sneezing and yawning in meditation practice can be overcome by practicing this mudra.
- Aditi Mudra is also known as a purifying one that cleanses the blood while helping to rid the body of toxic waste.
- It increases the digestive fire in the body and controls constipation, flatulence, or difficulty in sweating.
- It is believed that this mudra redirecting the prana flow helps in achieving the experience of a higher state of mind.
- Also increases body temperature and increases digestive power.
The Aditi Mudra is believed to help with issues involving the upper gastrointestinal tract. And controls constipation, flatulence, or difficulty in sweating.
Mudra can be practiced standing, sitting, or lying down whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra.
Sep 18, 2022
Inner Smile Mudra (Hansi Mudra)- Procedure and Benefits
Hansi Mudra (Inner Smile Mudra) is a hand gesture from a feeling of fulfillment to happiness and contentment. This traditional[...]
Mar 17, 2022
Apana Vayu Mudra For Heart Healthy and Prevents Recurrence of Heart Attacks
Apart from adopting a healthy lifestyle, yoga poses are helpful in improving your health and reducing heart-related problems. Apana Yoga[...]
Mar 10, 2022
4 Best Yoga Mudras For Hair Growth That Reduce Hair Fall Naturally
To get healthy hair you have to invest a few minutes for yourself every day. Simply doing mudras for hair[...]