Based on the principles of Ayurveda, all yoga mudras are beneficial for you in many ways. The Chinmaya mudra is one such hand gesture with many therapeutic benefits. It is very simple to perform and relieves you from many physical and mental conditions without any expense.
This mudra is practiced to bring awareness in the body and makes the body and brain healthy.
So let’s know the benefits of Chinmaya mudra and steps to do it.
Steps to do Chinmaya Mudra (Gesture of Awareness)
It is a yogic hand gesture that is one of the easiest mudras to perform in yoga, Pranayama, and meditation. The index finger is the symbol of the air element that takes care of the air element in the body. It can be done anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps which will explain how to do Chinmaya Hasta Mudra:
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now fold your index finger, press it with your thumb. You may feel some pain. But that does not last long.
- The rest of the three fingers (middle, ring and small) should be curled into your palms.
- As the picture show.
- Place your palms on the upper thighs and palm facing forward.
- In addition, it should be done with both hands simultaneously.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
It is not necessary for doing this at an empty stomach. You may also practice this mudra with a full stomach. This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down posture.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Chinmaya mudra in detail.
Benefits of Chinmaya Mudra (Gesture of Awareness)
It is believing Varun mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- Chinmaya mudra is useful in balancing the air elements in the body.
- This mudra increases blood flow and circulation.
- It balances the energy in the body. Whether in the pelvic or chest area.
- It stimulates the organs by reducing the tiredness of the body.
- This mudra also helps in dealing with stomach-related complaints.
- This mudra will reduce stress and calm you down as well as release negative energy.
This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]