Mudra has great importance in life. There are two types of mudras, the first is done as an asana and the second is the hand Gesture. Along with postures in yoga, there are various Mudras, which you can learn and benefit from. Mudras can provide mental and physical health. Health benefits can be achieved by incorporating some yoga mudras into your routine – like Apana Vayu Mudra or Hridaya Mudra.
Being a life-saver, it is also called as Mritsanjeevani Mudra or Gesture Of The Heart. Regular practice of this mudra makes the chances of a heart attack negligible if there is no normal heart disease or blood flow in the arteries of the heart.
Apan Vayu Mudra is made up of two Mudras, one is Vayu Mudra which helps us in reducing the increased gas of the stomach. And the second is the Apana Mudra that keeps our heart right. And this mudra also increases digestive power. Therefore, it is also known as Heart mudra.
Now let’s talk about yoga mudra for heart diseases, which are as follows.
How To Do Hridaya Mudra Or Apana Vayu Mudra (Gesture Of The Heart)
Apana Vayu Mudra is associated with a happy and healthy life. it is a yogic hand gesture that is one of the easiest mudras to perform. In this Mudra, two Mudras are placed simultaneously – Vayu Mudra and Apana Mudra. That is why its compound name is – Apana Vayu mudra. It can be done anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps which will explain how to do this Apana Vayu Hasta Mudra:
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Place both your hands on your knees and the palms should be facing towards the sky.
- Now bend the index finger of your hand and put it in the root of the thumb and touch the first tip of the middle and ring finger with the first tip of the thumb and press it lightly.
- The rest of the little finger should be kept extended as much as possible.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
It is not necessary for doing this at an empty stomach. You may also practice this mudra with a full stomach. Apana Vayu mudra or Hridaya Mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down posture.
9 Health Benefits Of Apana Vayu Mudra or Hridaya Mudra (Gesture Of The Heart)
- The regular practice of this mudra is considered good for the overall health of the immune system. This activates the defence mechanism of the body, which helps our body to fight against all diseases.
- Apan Vayu Mudra has a special effect on the heart. This mudra brings immediate benefits even when HEART ATTACK. Within two to three seconds the benefit of this mudra starts.
- Both high blood pressure and low blood pressure are cured.
- Due to the increased air, the blood vessels of the heart become dry – shrinkage occurs in them. Blood circulation in the heart is reduced by air exchange, the shrinkage of the heart tubes is removed. And blood circulation increases in the heart.
- Vata-Pitta-Kapha removes all three defects. The circulatory system, the digestive system cures all.
- Regular practicing of Apana Vayu mudra is recommended to calm a stressed nervous system and soothe the mind.
- Immediate benefits in gout – Abdominal air, gas, stomach pain, anal diseases, acidity, heartburns from gas are all cured.
- Increase or slow the heartbeat – In both cases the heartbeat normalizes.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. But no pressure should be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
Sep 28, 2021
Abhaya Mudra | Steps to do Abhaya (Gesture Of Fearlessness) | Benefits
Yoga Mudras are rituals which are used in Hinduism, Jain and Buddhism traditions which describes some symbolic hand gestures. Mudra[...]
Sep 28, 2021
Adi Mudra: How to do, Benefits and Side Effect
“Yoga” is a form of art practiced by yogis (Hindu monks) all over the world. yoga refers to specific mudras[...]
Sep 27, 2021
Matsya Mudra | Steps to do Gesture Of The Fish | Benefits
Matsya mudra is the best yoga mudras which are popular and well-known from ancient times in India. this mudra also[...]