The time may be modern, but moderns say-Yoga is an aged Indian arrangement of physical and mental wellness. Yoga is a exericses and primarily a spiritual discipline has beautiful posture which including the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation. and also originated in ancient India. Yoga as a complementary intervention for Asthma, heart disease, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Celiac disease, Cancer. in this
The Simhasana is a coin of two words Simha and asana. Simha is a Sanskrit word which means lion (King of a jungle) and Asana means pose. the posture exceptionally resembles a strong seated lion, hence the name Simha asana Or Lion Pose. Simhasana is combining of body posture and Pranayama (breath work) to produce a roaring deep exhalation during the peak of Lion Pose. Although it’s not a familiar pose, benefits of Simhasana for the face and also the throat. and stimulate the throat chakra.
Simhasana is an excellent asana relatively easy to perform and can be done by all, from child to young. This asana must be practiced with the other yoga asanas. Let us look how to do Lion pose as well as different steps to change it up.
How To Do Simhasana (Lion Pose)
- To begin the asana, first sit in Vajrasana (kneel down), knees are slightly apart and cross your right ankle over your left, the toes of the feet must be touching each other.
- Sit on your heels make sure your spine should straight.
- Place your palms between your legs, the fingers should face backward and straighten the arms.
- Move your body slightly forward. and shifting your weight onto your arms.
- Move your head backward comfortably and lift your chest up.
- Take a deep inhalation through the nose, open your mouth wide and stretch your tongue out as wide as possible.
- Open your eyes wide and focus your gaze on the eyebrow center.
- Contract the muscles on the front of the throat.
- Exhaling strongly through the mouth, make an ‘ahhh..’ sound. make sure breath should pass over the back of the throat.
- Roar a few times and maintain the position as long as comfortably possible.
- Close the mouth after exhalation. and now inhale normally.
- Come out this position first sit in Vajrasana then rest in Child Pose.
Benefits of Simhasana (Lion Pose)
Some amazing benefits of Lion pose-
- Simhasana increases the stretch in the body.
- Simhasana is an excellent exercise for the face and throat.
- This yoga posture is good for those children who suffer from a lisp.
- This pose also aids in the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- In the yogic text, Gheranda Samhita says Simhasana destroys the diseases.
- it can help for curing bad breath.
- Simhasana also activates the three major bandhas – Jalandhara, Mula, and Uddiyana.
- It is good exercises the vocal-cords as such is very good for singers.
- It helps to stimulate the Manipura chakra.
- This yoga posture brings smoothness in the eyes and also reducing eye strain.
- This asana removes defects from the throat. and develops a sweet and sonorous voice.
- It also provides an idea to destroy negative energy.
- Simhasana improves blood circulation of the face.
- It is more useful for digestion work.
- Relaxes the neck muscles and keeping the skin tight.
- People with weak wrists should be practice in Vajrasana Posture. don’t put the hands on the floor.
- If you have any kind of injury, you could sit on a chair and practice the pose. also you can perform with different sitting Asanas like Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
- Do not practice this asana, if you suffer from any chronic illnesses or physical problems.