Toothache is a common problem, but it is very unbearable. Due to toothache, sometimes there is swelling on the face, gums become swollen, and even headaches can also occur. Sometimes a toothache can be so severe that it deprives a person of eating, drinking, sleeping, or even rest. If your symptoms persist for more than a day or two, see your dentist as soon as possible. But in the meantime, use these home remedies for toothache to get short-term pain relief.
What are some home remedies for toothache?
However, there are no scientific claims for the use of toothache remedies. But some toothache remedies are generally said to help relieve toothache pain.
1.Saltwater gargle: Mixing rock salt with lukewarm water and gargling removes bacteria from the mouth. A toothache is also caused by the bacteria that surround it, but when we rinse with salt water, the gingivitis subsides as well as can heal loose food particles.
2. Cloves oil: In severe toothache, apply clove oil in a cotton swab and keep it on the tooth. Cloves can also be pressed if there is no oil. Clove is believed to numb the area, thereby relieving pain. Cloves also have bacteria-killing properties.
3. Ice pack: This pain can also be relieved with the help of ice. All you have to do is put ice in a plastic bag and wrap this bag inside a clean cloth and place it on your teeth. Try that you can keep it on your teeth for 15 minutes.
4. Ginger powder: Make a paste by mixing the ginger powder with water. Now apply this paste to the painful tooth. Leave it on for a while, then rinse it off. A small piece of ginger can be applied to the painful tooth. Applying ginger or ginger powder can be beneficial during any kind of injury or pain in the tooth.
5. Hydrogen peroxide rinse: Apart from the best mouth wash, hydrogen peroxide solution can also remove any bacteria growing inside the mouth. This will also work if you have plaque buildup in your teeth or bleeding gums. Just keep in mind that use it by diluting it with water and try not to drink it at all.
6. Asafoetida: Asafoetida is seen as a toothache reliever. It also has anti-bacterial properties, which can prevent tooth decay or relieve pain caused by bacteria. Asafoetida can act as a medicine for toothache. Mix a pinch of asafetida with lemon juice or oil and press it between the teeth.
7. Turmeric: To get relief from toothache pain, all you have to do is prepare a paste of turmeric and apply it to your teeth. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It reduces the effect of pain. To prepare this paste, you have to mix beneficial turmeric powder with honey, then apply this paste with the help of a cotton ball on the tooth in which you are having pain.
8. Guava leaves: Guava leaves will also be useful to give relief to toothache. The anti-bacterial properties of guava leaves are useful in toothache. You can also make a mouth wash by boiling guava leaves with its water.
9. Vanilla extract: This pain can be made disappear by applying the vanilla extract to the teeth. All you have to do is apply a few drops of Vanilla Session on your teeth with the help of cotton and keep the cotton on the tooth which is hurting for some time. Actually, there is alcohol in the vanilla session which works to reduce the pain.
10. Peppermint oil: Rinse by adding peppermint oil to the water. Peppermint oil has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. There will be relief in toothache pain.
Toothache remedies can be useful to get relief from a mild toothache, whereas, if the problem of toothache worsens, then contact the doctor immediately as it can be a symptom of some infection or other disease.
Aug 29, 2021
How To Cure Flu Fast: 21 Effective Home Remedies for Cough And Cold
Changing weather brings with us many kinds of diseases like cold cough and viral fever. These illnesses appear to be[...]
Aug 22, 2021
How to stop throwing up: Try home remedies for vomiting and nausea
Vomiting is an uncontrolled involuntary bodily process, which expels the contents of the stomach through the mouth. It can be[...]
Aug 20, 2021
How to Tighten the Sagging Skin: Home Remedies For Skin Tightening
Unfortunately, with aging, the skin tends to sag as the skin loses its elasticity with aging. As this results, wrinkles,[...]