Yoga is not a cure for hernia but there are many benefits of doing yoga for a hernia. However, it can help prevent you from getting a hernia. Also, if you have undergone hernia surgery, yoga can also help prevent it from recurring.
According to physicians, hernia is a problem in the body. In this problem, the internal organs of the body come out through the external muscles of the body. This is due to weak or inactive muscles of the body.
The problem of hernia is usually seen around the abdomen. However, in addition to the stomach, it can also occur in the navel, thighs, upper body, and waist. The bulge or knot may contain a piece of the intestine or fatty layer.
The problem of hernia can also be congenital. In such a condition, it is called a congenital hernia. Hernia can happen to anyone after a time.
Yoga And Hernia
Yoga is basically stretching and balancing. Practicing some yoga postures helps to stress the navel or abdomen, and the muscles in the abdomen are limited and protected.
Yoga for hernia strengthens the muscles of the abdomen, reduces fat and makes the body fit and fit.
Regular practice of yoga can strengthen the pelvic floor, reduce the size of the intestines or the protruding part of the abdomen. After regular practice of yoga after a certain period of time, yoga can replace surgery.
Yoga Poses For Hernia Treatment
If you have undergone surgery for hernia, do not start yoga as soon as possible after surgery, you should start yoga only after at least three weeks. Do not do such yogasans in recovery time in which both legs have to be raised together, forward or backward. Also, if you are doing yoga yoga after hernia surgery, it would be better if you take the advice of your doctor and yoga expert.
The following yoga poses of hernia can help greatly in the recovering and condition of hernia.
Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
By performing Vajrasana, you get relief in the abdomen, hips and feet. Most types of hernia affect the lower part of the abdomen, so this asana may prove to be extremely beneficial.
- First of all, choose a clean environment to practice Vajrasana.
- Spread a yoga mat on the ground.
- Now Sit down on your knees with both toes together and keep the ankles apart.
- Keep your waist and neck straight.
- Put both hands on the knees in the Gyan Mudra.
- After this, close your eyes and breathe normally.
- In this state, try to sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually increase your practice.
To Known More About Vajrasana Click Here.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
With the help of Bhujangasana, you can tone all the lower parts of the abdomen. Also, all the problems related to hernia such as the digestive process can control the disorder. There may be trouble in the navel when there is a hernia. With the help of this asana, treatment of stretch in the navel is possible.
- To do this, first of all, lie down on the stomach by laying a pedestal on a pure environment and flat ground.
- Breathe normally and lie in this position until the muscles of the body relax.
- Place the forehead on the ground and the hands near the shoulders in such a way that the elbows come back towards the body.
- Keeping the legs and feet straight, mix them together.
- Breathe slowly and with the hands resting well on the ground, raise the area up to the navel with the shoulders in such a way that the chest comes towards the front.
- Try looking upwards at the sky with the neck facing backward. In this situation, after stopping as much as possible, slowly return to the former position while exhaling.
To Known More About How to Do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Steps | Benefits of Bhujangasana Click Here.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
When there is a hernia, there is a condition of lumps in the part of your abdomen. By doing this asana, you can get relief from stiffness in the groin, hips, shoulders and chest.
- For this posture, first of all, stand upright with a slight gap between the two legs.
- Now taking a long breath, bend your neck and tilt your body to the right.
- Bring the left hand up towards the armpit and move the right hand slowly down on the right ankle.
- After this, balance the speed and body of both hands.
- After doing this posture for some time, do it from the other side.
- If you have back pain, do not bend over much further; if there is a hernia, avoid bending over backward.
To Known More About Trikonasana Steps in Details and Benefits Click Here.
Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
If there is a problem of hernia, it is advisable to do this asana daily. With the regular practice of Camel pose, the muscles of the stomach begin to become strong. And the muscles and connective tissues of the body spread throughout the expansion.
- To do this, bend both legs and sit in the position of Vajrasana.
- Now slowly stand up on your knees.
- Try to tilt the body back with both hands at the waist.
- Now slowly try to hold both hands with the palms of the feet.
- Now tilt the head backward, try to stay in this position for some time.
To Known More About Ustrasana Precautions and Benefits Click Here.
Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall Pose)
Viparita Karani Yogasana is part of Restorative Yoga. In this problem of hernia, it supports the stomach. With its regular practice, the muscles of the stomach begin to strengthen. This Yogasana works in a very effective way, especially in the complaint of hernia occurring in the area around the navel.
- First choose a quiet place, which is near the wall. Now sit at this place in such a way that your legs are spread in front of the ground.
- Lie on your back.
- Keep the back of the feet close to the wall by turning the soles of the feet upwards.
- Now raise the lower part of your torso. Push the hands under the hips and use the elbows as the base.
- When you feel comfortable in this position, shift your hands below your waist and raise both your legs up to a 90-degree angle.
- During this, keep taking a deep breath and stay in this position according to your convenience. Initially staying in the same position for 30-60 seconds.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana is practiced with correct alignment, so strengthening the abdominal wall and aiding in preventing hernia. In addition, By doing this asana, the muscles are strengthened and bring flexibility to the internal organs of the body.
- Stand upright for this posture. Keep the waist also straight.
- After this, hold the fingers of both hands in you.
- Now move the palms above your head.
- After this, while breathing slowly, standing on the toes, pull the body upwards.
- After staying in this state for a while, come back to the old state.
- Do this posture at least 7-8 times.
- By doing this Yogasana, stretching of the entire body is done.
Gaumukhasan (Cow Face Yoga Pose)
By doing this asana, you get relief in abdomen, hips and feet. Most types of hernia affect the lower part of the abdomen, so this asana may prove to be extremely beneficial.
- For this posture, you will sit in the posture of Vajrasana, if you wish, you can keep the right foot under the hip of the left leg while bending from the knee and keeping the left leg with both hands, bending from the knee, will keep it above the right knee of the right foot.
- After this, will move the left hand from the top to the back.
- At the same time, the other hand will pass from the back to the back.
- After this, the fingers of both hands will hold each other.
- This asana can be done for 5 minutes.
To Know More About Goumukhasan Steps And Benefits Click Here.
Along with simple asanas for hernia yoga, the practice of Kapalabhati Pranayama is also beneficial while have to be cautious with vigorous hatha yoga and power yoga.
Use the 7pranayama app for better practice of Kapalbhati pranayama. it has the option to set rounds and reminders with logs. Set the number of rounds you want to do in one minute and also set the time of how many minutes you want to practice it.
To avoid the problem of hernia, contact the doctor in the initial stage.
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]