Simple and effective yoga postures and breathing techniques have a special effect on our respiratory system, which also affects our lungs. As a result, some Yogasana for the lungs is highly beneficial, which helps increase oxygen intake and refine breathing. Pranayama also practices along with various yoga asanas. The combination of yoga for lung and pranayama for the lungs helps to control prana or vital life energy, ultimately for the body and mind
A “mind-body practice” as Yoga is an excellent exercise for anyone with lung problems such as COPD, chronic bronchitis, asthma, lung cancer, oxygen problem benefit yoga.
With gentle breathing-based exercises like Tai Chi or Yoga, as well as techniques such as Bhastrika Pranayama, Anulom Vilom Pranayama and Kapal Bhati, you can improve your physical and emotional health. Apart from this, these exercises can also help in dealing with stress, anxiety, and depression which unfortunately sometimes accompany lung disease.
Below are some suggestions for gentle exercise, including abdominal, thoracic, and clavicular breathing. All these yogasanas are known to gain breath control, improve lung efficiency, improve breathing habits, and absorb oxygen. And also help in treating various respiratory disorders like cough and cold, sinus, asthma etc.
In short, No one better than turning to yoga poses for healthy lungs.
Now, it’s time to try these five poses of yoga for lungs health
Yoga is not just limited to Asanas, but is more than it. Simply put, it is to take care of your mind, body and breath. In yoga, through yogasana, pranayama and meditation, you learn to reconcile the mind, breathing and various parts of the body.
A 20-minute yoga practice can help to strengthen the lungs, cleanse the nasal passage, and increase oxygenation, and lung capacity.
Standing Tadasana / Mountain Pose
Tadasana can release accumulated tension and helps to open the chest muscles. It stretches most of the muscles and fills the lungs with plenty of fresh air. Along with this it improves your balance. Those length is not increasing, should do Height Increase Yoga Pose regularly.
Steps to do:
- First of all, stand up straight by mixing the two toes or keeping them at a distance. Keep the arms on the side.
- Keep your body weight the same on both legs.
- Now raise your hands above the head.
- Keep the palms facing up by trapping the fingers of the hands.
- Hold the vision at some point in a straight line.
- Then lift the eddy up and stand on the feet.
- Now take a breath and stretch the whole body upwards with arms, shoulders and chest.
- Stretch your entire body from the claws to the head towards the sky and stand in this position by crying breath for a few bones.
- After this, while exhaling, come back to the posture and rest for a few seconds.
To know more about: Tadasana Steps, Benefits, and Precautions.
Trikonasana / Triangle Pose
Trikonasana opens the chest cavity and muscles. It stimulates the nervous system for most respiratory problems and increases the capacity of internal organs. That’s why known as the best one yoga for lungs cleaning.
Steps to do:
- First of all, stand upright on a mat or on the floor to practice this asana.
- Then spread both your legs by 3 to 4 feet.
- Keeping your neck straight, raise both your hands up and keep them in line with both your shoulders.
- Then keep your left leg straight, rotate your right foot outward by 90 degrees.
- Take a long deep breath, then while exhaling, try to touch the heel of the right foot with the claws of your right hand.
- Then keep your left hand absolutely straight up towards the sky.
- Breathed in form and then stayed in this state for a while.
- While breathing slowly, come upwards and straighten the right leg.
- Repeat the same process from your left side.
To know more about: Trikonasana Steps, Benefits, and Precautions.
Bhujangasana / Cobra Pose
Dhanurasana is easy to provide deep stretch to the entire body. It helps in deep breathing, increases the circulation and blood circulation in the chest area.
Steps to do:
- Lie flat on the floor on your stomach.
- Spread your legs back with your toes on the floor.
- Extend your palms to the floor under your shoulders and bring the elbows closer to the sides of your body.
- Press the tops of the legs and thighs firmly into the floor.
- As you inhale, press your palms into the floor and begin straightening the arms to lift the chest off the floor.
- Raise your navel just as much, maintaining a connection to your pelvis on the floor.
- Gently squeeze and keep your buttocks firm as you push your navel center downwards.
- Get stronger with your shoulder blades as you engage them to open your chest further.
- Make sure you are backbending evenly throughout the spine.
To know more about: Bhujangasana Steps, Benefits, and Precautions.
Gomukhasana / Cow Face Pose
Gomukhasana, is extremely beneficial yoga for lung health. This asana not only opens the chest area but also keeps the brain calm and reduces tension and distraction. In this posture you will feel an increase in breathing and heart rate. It gives heat and power.
Steps to do:
- To do Gomukhasana, first of all we will straighten both our legs towards the front.
- After this, keep your right leg bent from the knee down to the buttock of the left leg, then after that lift the left leg with both hands and bend it with the knee and place it above the right knee right of the right leg and see if both knees are above Are below.
- If both knees are up and down, the position is correct.
- After this, you will lift your left hand straight and after lifting it will bring that hand backwards near the back.
- Now take the right hand from behind and hold the left hand.
- Mind it that the foot which is above, the same hand will be up.
To know more about: Gomukhasana Steps, Benefits, and Precautions.
Ustrasana / Camel Pose
Ustrasana is one of the best yoga asanas for the lungs and heart, which reduces the major adversity of the body. It promotes the opening of the heart chakra, awareness of breath and sensations, and good health and well-being. When we are in a camel pose the Anahata Chakra opens which allows powerful energy to flow freely to enrich life.
Steps to do:
- First of all, bend your knees with your knees and sit in Vajrasana.
- Stand on your knees, in this case, the knees and ankles of both your legs should be adjacent.
- Place the palms back at the waist, your fingers should be facing down.
- Inhale and bend slightly back from the waist, place the palms on the heel, place the right palm on the heel of the right foot and the left palm on the heel of the left foot.
- Note that your chest should be open.
- Your elbows and shoulders should be parallel and your thighs should be equal to 90 degrees from the ground.
- Inhale normally and maintain this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stand back on your knees while exhaling slowly.
- Now sit in Vajrasana and slowly spread both the legs towards the front, in this case you rest for a while.
To know more about: Ustrasana Steps, Benefits, and Precautions
All these yoga for lungs stretch out the lungs and stretching and strengthening the lung muscles. These yogic postures are known to alleviate stress, activating the air-cells of the lungs, and improve the efficiency of lungs.
Keep in mind that yoga should be done regularly. If you have a dilemma about anything, you can also consult a yoga expert.
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]